Welcome

Pro Peninsula is a fund within the Ocean Foundation dedicated to strengthening community efforts towards reaching the goal of protecting the natural environment of the Baja California Peninsula. Through the creation of a network of strong individuals, Pro Peninsula and The Ocean Foundation has established itself as a conservation leader thruought the globally important eco-region of Baja California.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

2nd Week of Internship/ Pro Peninsula 10th Anniversary Party


So during my second week of internship all of the staff went to Loreto, BCS, Mexico for the Conservation Science Symposium. The Conservation Science Symposium was a 3 day event in Mexico with the focus of using science to come up with concrete actions and long-term plans to conserve natural resources throughout Baja California and the Gulf of Mexico. From what I understand based off the Program, the whole event was filled with presentations and videos with some moments of fun. During the first week I made a flier/program for the videos that were supposed to be shown on the second night.





While this was happening, I stayed at home and worked on Sea Turtle Updates. I researched the turtle species that I was told to update and wrote two paragraphs using information from a previous update along with some information from what I read on the websites. I had a fun week off. I spent the rest of my time studying for my upcoming SAT, exercising and also just cleaning up my house a bit.


The Pro Peninsula 10th Anniversary Party is happening on June 23rd. During the first week of my internship, I made a flier about this party and an event page for it on our facebook page. It will happen at the Sea Rocket Bistro from 6pm-9pm, and will be awesomely fun. The suggested attire is casual and there is a suggested $10 donation for each person, there will be complimentary drinks and snacks. Yummy sustainable seafood and veggie dishes will be served by Sea Rocket Bistro. It's going to be really fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment