Welcome

Pro Peninsula is a fund within the Ocean Foundation dedicated to strengthening community efforts towards reaching the goal of protecting the natural environment of the Baja California Peninsula. Through the creation of a network of strong individuals, Pro Peninsula and The Ocean Foundation has established itself as a conservation leader thruought the globally important eco-region of Baja California.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Post

I am Gabriel Parr and I am a junior at High Tech High North County. A big part of our junior year at High Tech High is internships. My favorite and best subject is biology, so naturally I would lean toward that field of work. At first I had an internship with the Wild Animal Park, but as it turns out my position there was already filled. So I chose to intern with Pro Peninsula. My teacher had recommended this to me based off of my passion for biology and life sciences. At first I wasn’t sure because I had never heard Pro Peninsula. After reading a little about them and checking out there web site, I decided that it would be a good choice. I chose to intern at Pro Peninsula because one of my interests is environment conservation and protection on wildlife. I will be with Pro Peninsula from June 1st to June 17th. I am very interested with the work that this organization does and the cause that they stand for. I am very glad to have the opportunity to experience the work environment first hand and to learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment