Welcome

Pro Peninsula is a fund within the Ocean Foundation dedicated to strengthening community efforts towards reaching the goal of protecting the natural environment of the Baja California Peninsula. Through the creation of a network of strong individuals, Pro Peninsula and The Ocean Foundation has established itself as a conservation leader thruought the globally important eco-region of Baja California.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Goodbye everyone!

Never before, in my life, have four weeks ever gone by this fast. I never thought that going off on my internship would be as interesting or fun as it was for me. Although what I've mostly done so far is office stuff, and other random tasks; what I enjoyed most during my time here were the classroom visits. Even though, I was mostly uninvolved, I really liked seeing the 5th graders, and watching them get so excited about our visits. They all seemed so excited about learning about the sea turtles, and what they could do to help them from going extinct. It was also interesting to look down sometimes on the letters I passed out as I passed them out. I have realized that I need to practice my Spanish more. I could barely understand some of the letters that these younger kids were reading.

I've learned quite a lot in the few weeks I've been here. Not only about sea turtles and what we can do to help them, but also about the whole working experience as a whole. During my whole four week internship experience, I've had a very random schedule, where I came in early on somedays, and later on other days. I've learned that it's really important to keep your schedule flexible, and to be able to come in on time. I've also noticed that there's a lot of difficulties involved in moving out of an office.

I will use the information I learned by picking up litter, recycling more, and doing what I can to promote and teach others about the importance of their actions, and the effect they have on the environment. I've also learned about the working experience as a whole, and I will try my best to improve wherever I need to improve as I slowly but surely rise in my path to a professional career.

Bye everyone,
Michael C.

No comments:

Post a Comment