Welcome

Pro Peninsula is a fund within the Ocean Foundation dedicated to strengthening community efforts towards reaching the goal of protecting the natural environment of the Baja California Peninsula. Through the creation of a network of strong individuals, Pro Peninsula and The Ocean Foundation has established itself as a conservation leader thruought the globally important eco-region of Baja California.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Second Week

          
                    This experience made me want to move toward a college path that is more involved in environment conservation and protection. Before internships I was still unsure of which specific career I would want to do. Now I now that I would do something related to Pro Peninsula's focus. I think that I could see myself do something similar to my internship in the future. I would like to work with environment conservation and work in the same field as Pro Peninsula. Today I went to an elementary school that had been learning about whales and how we can help protect them. The kids have pen pal in Mexico that are also learning about the whales. I helped pass out the letters to the children. They were all very happy to receive letters. I found this experience very interesting and I enjoyed it. I really enjoy it here and I am looking forward to my next week working here.

No comments:

Post a Comment