Welcome

Pro Peninsula is a fund within the Ocean Foundation dedicated to strengthening community efforts towards reaching the goal of protecting the natural environment of the Baja California Peninsula. Through the creation of a network of strong individuals, Pro Peninsula and The Ocean Foundation has established itself as a conservation leader thruought the globally important eco-region of Baja California.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's only the beginning.


I was a sophomore in high school daydreaming in the middle of Chemistry, 4th period, about all of the opportunities that would approach me when I, Milan Finnie, finally became an upperclassman. Informed about the mandatory intern experience every junior must go through in order to complete a high school career at High Tech High Media Arts, San Diego I wondered where I might choose to intern. Later that year, we began a project called HTHMA Organics. The reason for the project was clear; many familiar products are used in the world, and not very often questioned or analyzed, and sometimes contain harsh chemicals that all end up in the big blue sea. Our project was to create all natural, non-chemical beach products; sun screen, aloe, surf wax, and lip balm. Living in Imperial Beach, California, I saw this project in a different light. It would affect my hometown!
Personally, I had the opportunity to make sun screen, and ended the project feeling accomplished, proud, and most importantly, beginning a new life of being one of the many global superheroes in the world.

I am now a junior attending High Tech High Media Arts. Finally, the time came for me to choose my internship, and I struggled immensely until one day, my principal told me to check out Pro Peninsula's website and see what I thought. Interested and stoked, I sit here on my first day, a little nervous, and little anxious, but above all, excited to see how this turns out. I guess we'll just have to see.



Interested in seeing the update? See it here next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment