Welcome

Pro Peninsula is a fund within the Ocean Foundation dedicated to strengthening community efforts towards reaching the goal of protecting the natural environment of the Baja California Peninsula. Through the creation of a network of strong individuals, Pro Peninsula and The Ocean Foundation has established itself as a conservation leader thruought the globally important eco-region of Baja California.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 1 of My Internship at Pro Peninsula


I am Michael Caballero, a junior at High Tech High Chula Vista. Being from the second graduating class of my school, I was somewhat surprised last year when I found out I'd have to go on an internship in order to graduate. From the end of my sophomore year to about 4 days ago, I've been nervously awaiting a solid place for my internship. I didn't feel like it was really necessary for me to go out and look for one so I didn't actually choose this place. My cohort teacher told me that this place was bio-related, and it was all about ocean conservation. I felt like this would be a better place to intern at since it also involved protecting animals and nature. I've always liked the ocean, and all of the animals that live in it. When I was younger my favorite field trips were always those going to either the Birch Aquarium or SeaWorld. I looked up this company after hearing that I'd intern with them and I saw turtles on the front page. From that time on I've been really, really excited. I'm really excited for the rest of my internship experience here.

No comments:

Post a Comment