Welcome

Pro Peninsula is a fund within the Ocean Foundation dedicated to strengthening community efforts towards reaching the goal of protecting the natural environment of the Baja California Peninsula. Through the creation of a network of strong individuals, Pro Peninsula and The Ocean Foundation has established itself as a conservation leader thruought the globally important eco-region of Baja California.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Internship at Pro Peninsula


Hello,

My name is Rowena Serafez and I am the new intern at Pro Peninsula. I am stoked on having the opportunity to connect an internship with my passion which is to help the environment as well as our community.
About me: I was born and raised in Germany. At the age of 19 I decided to start an adventure and moved to the USA by myself. I spend my first two years of college in Rockville, MD where I graduated with an A.A. in International Business in December 2007. In February 2008, I moved to San Diego to attend San Diego State University. Today, I am a senior at San Diego State University and am majoring in Management / Entrepreneurship. I am more than excited about this intern opportunity and look forward to work with the Pro Peninsula community and to network with members as well as friends.


My objectives for this internship are to get as much field experience as possible and to be able to apply the knowledge and skills acquired at school to a hands-on experience at Pro Peninsula. Starting today I will be in a leadership position organizing the Wild & Scenic Film Festival, WSEFF, which will be held in Mission Valley’s hazard Center in San Diego. I will act as a liaison between the volunteers who are helping us and the company, Pro Peninsula, with the organization of the WSEFF. I am more than excited about this opportunity and look forward to work with the Pro Peninsula community and to network with members as well as friends.
Cheers,
Rowena Serafez

No comments:

Post a Comment